About Me

My photo
Heaven?, No, Iowa., United States
Just a glimpse of our life. There is never a dull moment with three kids and a dog!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Ooops!!

Wow! It's been almost a month since my last post! That wasn't intentional. Sometimes "life" just gets in the way. And sometimes I have no idea what to say! YES, ME!! I sometimes don't know what to say!! I'm sure you all find that very amusing! ;) It's been a crazy month. First there was the end of Tax Season! YAY!! While Patrick remains extremely busy at work, he's home at a decent time almost every night, and is here all weekend. Katie and Jacob both started soccer. They are really having a good time, and while I'm not sure that we have any Olympic hopefuls here, they are enjoying it, and that's what really matters! In other news, Katie lost her second tooth! She now has a big gap front and center on the bottom. She's raking it in from the tooth fairy. I was lucky enough to attend a 26-hour scrapbooking event last weekend. We cropped until midnight on Friday, then again all day on Saturday, ending at midnight again. I got a lot finished in the album I'm making of my vacation to New York several years ago. I hope to get it finished up tonight. Lots of good friends, good scrapping, and of course good food!! During this time we also had a big orange dumpster in the driveway for about 12 days. We got all of the wet carpet out of the basement. Then went around and cleaned out all the "junk" that accumulates over time. We filled it up with things from the basement, garage, backyard & shed. Where does all this "stuff" come from?!?!? It felt good to get it all out. Now we just need to tackle getting all the remaining things better organized!! There aren't enough hours in the day! Big weekend coming up here! I turn 36 tomorrow. Officially closer to 40 than 30. YIKES! First birthday event will be taking Katie to her soccer game in the morning. I asked her to get some good kicks in for me, and have her team score me a birthday goal! (They are pretty good, so that shouldn't be a problem!) Patrick is taking Katie & Jacob fishing in the afternoon, giving Emily and I some quiet time. We'll either lounge around here, or head out for a little shopping. We'll see how Em's mood is! Then ... date night. Dinner, of course. Then maybe a movie. I'll have to let you know!! Of course, Sunday ... Mother's Day! We're planning a trip to the zoo in the morning (after church, of course!). Jacob has a soccer game in the afternoon. We'll be getting together with Patrick's family in the evening for a cookout at Dawn's. We still haven't finalized plans with my mom, but that will all fall into place. It always does. I hope you all enjoy a fabulous weekend! The weather here is supposed to be sunny, warm, and wonderful!! Enjoy a sinful dessert, or your favorite cocktail, in honor of my birthday! Or both!! It will be a nationwide party!! Although you may not be with me physically, you are all with me in heart and spirit!! More updates soon, I promise!!

No comments: