About Me

My photo
Heaven?, No, Iowa., United States
Just a glimpse of our life. There is never a dull moment with three kids and a dog!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day!

It was pretty clear last night that there would be a snow day today! It didn't start snowing until very late, but the forecast was calling for up to 6 inches, and with the 25mph winds, there was going to be a lot of drifting. The wind started before we went to bed last night, and sure enough, when we got up there were big, fat flakes falling. The drifting was so bad that it was onto the covered entry by the front door, and I had to dig a little just to find the newspaper! The kids were excited, because usually "Snow Day" also means "Pajama Day" at our house. There was lots of silliness today, as we tried to stay warm.
We had lots of fun today trying to teach Emily new words. Her vocabulary grows on a daily basis, and we all get a good laugh out of her accomplishments! Yesterday she surprised us as she walked into the bathroom while Papa was showering. As she opened the door, she was tapping and saying "Knock, knock!" She is very proud, and gives us the funniest belly laugh, when we praise her.
Jacob and I had fun playing a little Lego Star Wars II, while Emily was napping. Katie gladly watched and colored us some pictures. This seems to be her favorite activity lately, and there are drawings and coloring pages everywhere you look.
This winter weather is really making me wish I was anywhere but Iowa! It's not much help knowing that in 4 months we'll be getting ready for our Caribbean Cruise! I'm really wishing it was only 4 days away! Oh, well. Since I have to be cooped up inside, I've had lots of time to start planning. There is so much to think about. Believe it or not, I've already started a packing list (thanks to my OCD friend, Karen!!). She's offered lots of tips for what we need to take along. It's our first cruise, so we're a little clueless. So any of you that have done this, let me know if you have any ideas about what you consider a "must" to take along.
Well, we are off to make homemade mini pizzas for dinner! Yummy!
Stay warm, friends!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute pic of the kids!!! Why didn't I take any of mine today? That was silly of me. Oh well. Something tells me this won't be the last snow day they have before the end of the school year. ;)
Sounds like you had a great day. Our kids started the day out well. Playing together, keeping each other entertained, etc. but now that it's 5:45 pm they are over each other and are fighting and bickering. Hopefully it'll be back to school tomorrow! It's still coming down here though. We'll see. Thanks for sharing your day. I'll bookmark your blog so I can check back again. :)
Enjoy your dinner!

Unknown said...

It's STILL snowing in Third Lake and it looks like you took full advantage of having a snow day. I can't wait to do the same with Donovan someday! Thanks for sending me your blog - I'll check in every once in awhile (in the craziness of us moving to Wisconsin) for an update. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I must have missed your last e-mail about this blog. Thanks for the update. It has been forever since we talked! A cruise, huh? Nice for you guys...during tax season? Boy, do we need to catch up! Yeah...snow day for us yesterday and late start today. My ideal would be that the high school has a day off but the elementary still has to go...probably not going to happen. Would love to see you Saturday at my stamping thing. Let me know.